Our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Followers of Jesus Christ have a growing commitment and desire to glorify God, to get connected with God and with others, and to go into all the world serving others, sharing Christ, and showing love in Jesus’ name.
We believe that a fully devoted follower of Jesus will seek to glorify God with every aspect of their lives. We believe that God created us and that he wants us to know him personally. Through worship services and walking with Jesus daily, we want to glorify God with every moment of our lives. We worship him individually and with other believers. (Matthew 22:37; Acts 2:43, 47)
We invite you to join us as we seek to glorify God in everything we do! (1 Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3:17)
We believe that God calls us all to grow spiritually, to be all that He wants us to be.
Personal Spiritual Growth
One of the ways we do this is by making every effort to grow spiritually. Some of the resources available to you:
- Bible reading. Select a verse, a chapter, or more to read each day. “How much should I read?” you may ask. As one author said, “Read until you learn something. Then think about those verses and what you learned all day long.”
- Prayer. Take a few minutes to pray to God each day. Talk to Him and listen to Him.
- Podcasts. Each week our pastor’s sermons are recorded and uploaded to the internet where they are available as a podcast. Feel free to listen to them online or download them to our ipod or mp3 player. Click HERE to visit the podcast page.
- Small group Bible studies. More on this below.
Small Group Bible Studies
We want to become more and more like Jesus, all the days of our lives, in every area of our lives. We believe that it is essential for all believers to be connected to a small group Bible study to help in this (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:42, 46)
Through small group Bible studies, each person is able to:
- Understand the Bible better (and see how it applies to your life today)
- Develop authentic friendships
- Ask questions about faith, Jesus and the Bible
- Help other people
- Live the adventure of a life of faith
- Learn to pray
Many small group Bible studies are offered on a weekly basis. Some meet at the church building, and some meet in homes throughout the North Country. If you would be interested in locating or hosting a small group in your area, please contact us.
Jesus calls us to reach out to people with His love. As the picture above illustrates, we are to “take up our cross daily and follow him” (Luke 9:23) by relinquishing our desires so that we can serve Him and serve others; and we are to “be fishers of men” (Luke 5:10) — leading people to a personal relationship with Christ. He tells us in the Bible that we are to go to the people all around us, as well as people around the world, sharing the good news of His salvation, demonstrating His love in word and in deed. We believe that He calls all believers to use their natural talents and spiritual gifts to serve others through outreach ministries. (Acts 1:8, 2:44-45; Matthew 22:39, 28:19)
Where has God called you to serve? Maybe He is calling you to serve in one of these ministries of our church:
- Preschool or children’s ministry
- Youth ministry
- Ministry to college students
- Ministry to families in crisis
- Recreation ministries
- Construction team
- Praise team (musicians)
- Landscaping maintenance team
- Evangelism team
- Fellowship meals team
Many people serve Christ through ministries that reach out to others. They have recognized the need to reach out to these groups of people:
- Ministry to senior adults
- Ministry to single mothers
- Ministry to athletes
- Ministry to the hungry (Extra Helpings food ministry distributes from LPBC each month)
- Ministry to those who need clothing
- Ministry to those who are handicapped
- Ministry to those in prison (and their families)
As we see the needs of our community, we are praying that God will show each one of us how we can serve Him and impact the lives of other people. We believe that all of our ministries should meet not only physical, emotional, mental or social needs of people, but they must (most importantly) point people to Jesus. Our outreach ministries all seek to fulfill our mission: to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
If you do not yet have a place of ministry, please let our pastor and church leaders help you to discover how God has uniquely shaped you for ministry. When you begin to serve others in Jesus’ name, your life will never be the same. You will realize that one of the reasons that God put you on earth was to live out his purpose through your life!