Connect & FBF Groups
God wants us to be connected with Him and with others. Each week at LPBC, people meet together on Sunday morning for worship services, and praise God for how He is working in people’s lives. But we believe that the Bible teaches we are strongest spiritually when we connect more often than that. And, we believe when we get together the way God intends, lives and communities are transformed! (Acts 2:42-47). Connect Groups are forming now. We invite you to consider becoming part of one.
Connect Groups are where people will:
- Connect with God
- Connect with each other
- Connect with the community
Connect Groups will meet in many places: in homes, along hiking trails, in parks, at restaurants, at our church building, and in many other locations. Some Connect Groups will meet weekly, and others will meet at different times. Connect Group leaders are followers of Jesus Christ who have a strong desire to connect others to a journey of faith in Jesus Christ.
Connect Groups will be meeting in many communities. Basically, wherever LPBC members live, we hope that in time there will be one or more Connect Groups in their area. When we read the Bible, we notice Jesus going from town to town proclaiming good news, teaching the Bible, and ministering to people (Matthew 9:35-38). We want to follow His example. We want to bring good news to people!
CONNECT GROUPS – (*FBF =Food, Bible & Fun)
- College/Career FBF – meets at Gray’s home in Saranac Lake on Monday nights at 6:30 pm. This group is for college and career individuals ages 19-39, single or married without children. Contact Jeff or Susan 891-1235 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family FBF-meets at the Ministry House, 52 Acorn Street in Lake Placid on Monday nights at 6:30 pm. This group is for single parents, married couples and their children. Contact Pastor Jim for more information at 524-5160 or email@example.com
- Youth Group – meets on Sunday nights at 6:00 pm at LPBC. Contact church office for more information.
Commonly asked questions about Connect Groups:
- Will every group be a Bible study group? No. Most of our Connect Groups will include a Bible study as part of their time together, but not all of them.
- Who decides which group I attend? You. Simply contact the Connect Group leader, one of the LPBC pastors, or the church office to sign up.
- What about childcare for small children? Each group will decide how to take care of its childcare needs, where applicable.
- Are all of the Connect Groups open to join? Yes, and no. All of the Connect Groups are open to new folks joining the group, but the best time to join some of them will be after a particular Bible study or book series is completed. Other groups are open to join anytime.
- What if I want to start a Connect Group? Contact one of the LPBC pastors and let’s talk about it. We get excited when we hear that God is leading people to begin new Connect Groups.